Nahua Surf & Indigenous Food Vocation: April 8-15, 2018
Nahua Coast of Michoácan, México
Open to Adults, Youth, Families.
Surfing is an indigenous sport as is living healthy. Our natural environments contain "superfoods" and ways of living which, when re-introduced, have a fascinating impact to our senses and well-being. We put together a small program with a group size, servicing no more than 10 people. Experience an authentic coastal life-style .
For almost 20 years, Director of ITY, has have been in support of California local youth, exploring and humbly contributing to the cultural educational movement. In a recent self-revelation, it became ultra clear that what I seek for the youth, is really what I deep inside was seeking for myself. After years of ITY programming following many of our youth home to experience their culture, i.e. Southern, Central, Northern California, Hawaii, I figured it was time to invite youth and adults to follow him home to his maternal mother land.
With all the crazy things happening on the planet, we must strategize towards unity, self-sustainability, self-determination. Food Sovereignty plays a basic, yet vital, role in our life and our future.
InterTribal Youth has grown organically. At times one can feel like a weed growing from a crack in the concrete, however, often I see us like carefully planted rows, nourished. Our ability to make a change in this world, is dependent on how we can bring positive change within. The great thing, is that we really have most, if not all, the tools at hand to make change. I have found that beginning with Indigenous Foods and Traditional ways of being, interacting with nature is the most elementary, basic, form with which to begin - a reference point to #IndigenizeEducation. The #NativeLikeWater current continues, as we reflect with our water cultural ways. We reflect on our rich and deep history of foraging and nurturing our bodies, senses from our native landscapes.
7 Days on the beautiful Pacific Coast of Northern Michoacan
Surfing is a great optional activity and this region has some of the best surf and beaches in Mexico without loud resorts nor overun by tourists. Relaxing and learning is open to all wheather you surf or not.
- Beach-side Lodging
- All Gourmet Style Meals, Ancestral Native Foods Recipies, and Healthy fascinating Super Drinks
- Morning Kemetic (Egyptian-Mexican) Yoga Class on the beach
- Each, gets one, 1 hour Ayurvedic Massage
- Nahua Indigenous Cultural Tour to include: University Intercultural Indigena de Michoacan (UIIM), Local Bilingual (Nahuatl/Spanish) Elementary Schools
- Tortilla/Nixtamal Training, Language Exchange
- Surfing Excursions to Nahuatl "Surf Camp" and review of local tourism
- Review of Indigenous Community-based Law Enforcement/ Protection Force (a unique model/movement in Mexico)
- Transfers from Colima (CLQ) Airport/Bus Terminal to Michoacan Coast
- Swimming, Snorkel and Surfing (optional) Temperatures are Tropical/Warm
- Various Surf Breaks, beaches for every level are on option.
- Time to Relax, Hammock Time and Refuel
All included above is the registration fee of: $700 per person. This does not include your international airfare to Colima (CLQ) Airport. Flights to Mexico are very reasonable from many cities and super affordable from SD/Tijuana Airport
Contact Us if interested in registering for this program.
Early Arrival Option: Coconut Water Fast and Cleanse (Day or Two Early or stay later, info TBA).